Throughout my teenage years, my mother always used to say “it’s not about the size you wear but the way you wear your size“. I’ll be honest, at the time it didn’t mean anything to me, I wore what I wanted to wear.
But as you get older, you get more awareness and it’s really true. There are certain things that do nothing for your body shape, it’s all about enhancing what you’ve already got. So petite women listen up! Have you ever wanted to look taller? Curvier? I have a few tips that may help:
- Vertical lines create the illusion of being taller. If it’s longer legs you’re after, striped trousers is a winner!
- High waist trousers or jeans can help to create the long legged look. Team up with a tucked in (then slightly tucked out) camisole top for an effortless yet gorgeous look suitable for work, casual or dressed up to go out (‘jeans and a nice top’ look)
- Be wary of your shoe straps if they are higher than your ankles they can make you look shorter as they cut the appearance of your legs. Court shoes are always the safe option as they are low cut and show more of your foot.
- Embrace high heels – The obvious one, wearing heels make you taller 🙂
- Avoid outfits that do not suit your size – those ruffled crop trousers that are currently on trend for instance, if you are on the shorter side, these trousers are usually too long.
- Wear tighter fitted clothes – Wearing tighter fitted clothes can enhance your curves, a pencil skirt for example can flatter you in all the right places. If you’re like me and worry about filling them, BUM PADS are a perfect secret weapon. Yes, bum pads. You can buy them from Primark for under £5.
- Avoid oversized jumpers – I love wearing baggy jumpers, but this does nothing for me. Makes me look short and frumpy. I wear them when I am lounging around the house or do my food shopping but avoid wearing anywhere else.
*These are only tips from experience, everyones body shape and size is different, you could be petite but completely rock the oversize jumper!
I also LOVE to learn, if anyone has any petite fashion tips for me, please comment!